Expert Contract Negotiation Techniques for Entertainment Jobs
Before you can go out on that next tour or even accept your dream job, there’s one (sometimes) daunting task remaining — contract negotiation. Whether you’re a veteran technician or a rookie about to enter your first negotiation, this webinar pays for itself with concrete and actionable strategies that will help you avoid pitfalls and tip the negotiating scales in your favor.
Session topics include:
– Wage growth within the technical theatre industry
– What’s negotiable in your negotiation?
– Common contract clauses
– Basics of contract negotiation
– Critical elements of negotiation
– How to prepare for negotiations
– 20 Advanced Tactics to improve your negotiating position
– Methods for avoiding pitfalls and overcoming common objections
– How to roughly calculate the max salary range on a position
– And more, including what to expect when companies start hiring post-pandemic.
Terrence Williams is an internationally-touring GSM turned Director of Operations turned Producer who has contracted hundreds of technicians, production managers and stage managers for productions around the world. He has worked with distinguished productions including Absinthe, The Illusionists, Circus 1903, Comic Relief, and Illusionist David Copperfield, among others. Prior to relocating in the office, Terrence helmed four Australian National Tours as well as multiple tours across Japan, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore and various parts of the Middle East. He has presented appearances on The Late Show with David Letterman, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, The Late Late Show with James Corden, The Rachael Ray Show, TODAY, and America’s Got Talent. Currently overseeing 13 live touring productions worldwide, he has turned his focus towards education and leadership training within the industry.