Are you an aspiring music producer, recording engineer, live sound engineer or sound designer?
Get a jump-start on your career with essential training at SoundChannel!
SoundChannel is a project of Women’s Audio Mission (WAM). WAM is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization dedicated to advancing women and girls in music production and the recording arts.
SoundChannel brings the award winning, college-tested curriculum of Women’s Audio Mission to a worldwide audience using new online delivery methods. SoundChannel’s online courses have re-invented the textbook, creating an entirely different learning experience: study at your own pace, see equipment up close and personal, interact and test yourself, access DIY projects and the best reading lists to brush up on the math and science necessary for a complete understanding of the field of professional audio and recording. SoundChannel not only teaches you the right way to do all things audio but also teaches you why, by delving into the math and science that govern sound and the gear used in professional audio and recording.
SoundChannel Training Library features:
•Animated, interactive e-textbooks that include audio examples, video demonstrations, DIY projects and quizzes so you can test your own progress.
•College-level content created by award-winning college professors and seasoned industry professionals. Used by colleges across the country.
•Resource library that delves deep into the science and electronics of sound and audio gear.
•Self-paced, unlimited access online 24/7.
Whether you’re brushing up on recording techniques, or learning the fundamentals, there’s something here for you.
Over 6,000 students from 93 countries have been trained at SoundChannel.
SoundChannel is unlike any other available training material because it is:
1. Created and tested in a rigorous college environment by a tenured professor and 25 year audio professional.
2. Based on the science behind music production. Most music production training is weak in theory because it has been created without a solid foundation in science. It makes the content harder to understand because it seems like “magic”. SoundChannel’s materials were developed by an electrical engineer, who is an expert at making the science interesting and understandable.
3. Using current music industry references. The author was a former major-label recording artist and is an active record producer that works with artists whose music is on commercial radio stations, in Hollywood films and on television.
4. Gender and racially balanced. SoundChannel’s materials visually tie the trainings to producers, artists, educators from diverse backgrounds so that students see themselves represented in the field. There is no other training like it.
5. Revolutionary in its delivery method – full of interactive quizzes, tests and branches to other levels of difficulty or other areas of interest.
6. Full of up-close demonstrations from various viewing angles in real, world-class recording environments.
This project was made possible by funding from the San Francisco Arts Commission, Cultural Equity Grants, and ZeroDivide.
SIGN UP NOW:
A subscription gives you full, unlimited access to the entire SoundChannel Library. The materials are typically used by 1-2 semester course so keep that in mind when you choose a plan. You save more when you sign up for a longer plan. It’s the perfect companion for your studies.
School/Non-Profit Group Discounts:
Group discounts are available for schools and non-profits for groups as small as five. Depending on the size of the class, group pricing can be as low as $20/student per semester.
About WOMEN’S AUDIO MISSION (WAM):
Women’s Audio Mission is a San Francisco/Oakland-based nonprofit organization that uses music and media and an incredible “carrot” of an audio training environment – the only professional recording studio in the world built and run by women – to attract over 1,500 underserved women and girls every year to STEM and creative technology studies that inspire them to amplify their voices and become the innovators of tomorrow. WAM’s award-winning curriculum weaves art and music with science, technology and computer programming and works to close the critical gender gap in creative technology careers.
Women’s Audio Mission addresses two critical issues:
- Less than 5% of the people creating the sounds, music and media in the daily soundtrack of our lives are women.
- The alarming 70% decline in women/girls enrolling in college STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math) programs since the year 2000.
To SIGN UP NOW or for MORE INFORMATION: Click Here