Women in the Entertainment Industry: Emily Meyer
We are asking women in the entertainment industry around the world some key questions about their life and career. Here is Emily Meyer based in Berlin.
1. In which part of the industry do you work?
I represent the technical side of entertainment.
2. Have you drawn professional inspiration from other women in the entertainment industry? How have they inspired you?
Of course! The technical fields in the entertainment are predominantly male professions. Seeing more and more women step into and succeed in these roles only pushes me to try harder and be better.
3. What would you tell young women who are just starting out? What would you like them to know?
Don’t quit. It wont always be easy but the reward is worth it!
4. What is the best piece of career advice you have ever received?
Do what makes you happy, don’t waste time on someone else’s plan.
5. Please share one of your toughest challenges in your career. How did you overcome?
One of my toughest challenges is the lifestyle of my career. I have been on tour for the majority of my professional working life, so there are many things that I have had to miss out on with my family. There have been births, deaths, and too many holidays to count that I have not been able to spend with my family. I skype a lot, and I try to keep in touch via messages and emails, but it is a challenge. I try to keep in mind the happiness we, in the entertainment industry, are able to bring to people and this helps. The thing that has helped the most is the bonds that I have created with my tour families.
6. What is your favorite musical or play?
7. What is your morning routine?
Wake up, wash my face, brush my teeth, Cycle for 45 minutes, then coffee.
8. Drink of Choice?
9. What is a phrase you are known for saying?
What could possibly go wrong?
10. What advice would you give to other women in the industry?
Don’t ever question if your abilities, you are stronger than you think!
Other Women in the Entertainment Industry:
Want to be part of the Women in the Entertainment Industry series? Fill the form HERE.