Women in the Entertainment Industry: Hazal Baybasin
We are asking women in the entertainment industry around the world some key questions about their life and career. Here is Hazal Baybasin based in London, U.K.
1. In which part of the industry do you work?
Social Media, Modelling, Acting.
2. Have you drawn professional inspiration from other women in the entertainment industry? How have they inspired you?
Yes, I have always been inspired by Winnie Harlow. Even before my diagnosis and sight loss I was amazed at how strong and powerful a woman she is. She has never let her condition define or limit her abilities in life. My favourite line of hers is when she said “I am not a ‘Vitiligo model.’ I am Winnie and I happen to have Vitiligo.”
3. What would you tell young women who are just starting out? What would you like them to know?
Don’t ever let society tell you that aren’t good enough and let anyone lead you to self doubt. You are beautiful and you are talented.
4. What is the best piece of career advice you have ever received?
Be confident in yourself.
5. Please share one of your toughest challenges in your career. How did you overcome?
Being a disabled woman with an invisible illness there always challenges that usually come from judgements of others. The way I overcome this is by proving them wrong. It gives me a great sense of pride and accomplishment.
6. What is your favorite musical or play?
Blood Brothers, the first play I ever saw, it was on a school trip as part of my drama course.
7. What is your morning routine?
Varies very much depending on how I’m feeling each day. Living with a chronic illness is very unpredictable. But it will always include feeding my dog, having breakfast and taking my medication, posting to Instagram and some sort of skincare.
8. Drink of Choice?
Water or tea.
9. What is a phrase you are known for saying?
It is what it is.
10. What advice would you give to other women in the industry?
Reach for the stars sis!
Hazal’s Tiktok: @hazal.baybasin
Other Women in the Entertainment Industry:
Want to be part of the Women in the Entertainment Industry series? Fill the form HERE.