Women in the Entertainment Industry: Renu Arora
We are asking women in the entertainment industry around the world some key questions about their life and career. Here is Renu Arora based in London, UK.
1. In which part of the industry do you work?
Actor/writer (with a recent disability) currently making digital work for online audiences.
2. Have you drawn professional inspiration from other women in the entertainment industry? How have they inspired you?
Yes. Their vulnerability and authenticity have evoked my own. Two qualities I greatly respect as an artist.
3. What would you tell young women who are just starting out? What would you like them to know?
Listen to your heart. And follow it – it knows what to do.
4. What is the best piece of career advice you have ever received?
Make the shows that you want to see!
5. Please share one of your toughest challenges in your career. How did you overcome?
Taking a long break following a life changing accident and Near Death Experience, and worrying how the industry would respond to my break and my return. I kept in touch with colleagues and friends, always told my truth and gave myself as much time as I needed. Everyone was supportive and kind. And have welcomed me back into the industry with open arms.
6. What is your favorite musical or play?
West Side Story.
7. What is your morning routine?
Read, eat, breathe, work.
8. Drink of Choice?
Wolfblass white wine.
9. What is a phrase you are known for saying?
10. If you are not a mother and are willing to share your reasons, we would love to celebrate those choices. Please feel free to share your journey.
I’m not a mother in the conventional sense – but I find ways to give love – we all need love and I try to be as loving as I can.
11. What advice would you give to other women in the industry?
You are perfect as you are. And you CAN do this, and more. I believe in you. And your potential far exceeds your wildest dreams… if you can see it, you can be it…
Other Women in the Entertainment Industry:
Want to be part of the Women in the Entertainment Industry series? Fill the form HERE.