Who Lights Our World: Alain Lortie
We are asking lighting experts around the world, in the “Who Lights Our World” series, some key questions about their job. Here is Alain Lortie based in Montréal, Québec, Canada.
1. What lighting console do you prefer working with?
2. What do you always have with you at your console?
Paper Bloc Note and Pencil.
3. Mac or PC?
4. What may be surprising that you don’t use?
5. Coffee or Tea?
6. What is your favorite genre of entertainment to work in?
Live Stage Show.
7. What is your favorite color combination and why?
Rosco 92 + 93 – I love Green.
8. Who is an lighting designer that you admire and respect?
9. What are the top 5 skill sets that a Lighting Designer/Technician should have?
Listen carefully. Collaborate with all. React fast to all situations. Take early good decision. Be humble, its only entertainment.
10. What is the best type of client/boss/director?
Nice to work with director who knows what he/she does not want.
11. Do you prefer a window or aisle seat?
11. What advice do you have for those who want to become a lighting designer or a lighting technician?
On time, on budget, with a bit of taste and a lot of pleasure.
Other Who Lights Our World:
Want to be part of Who Lights Our World Series? Fill the form HERE.