Who Lights Our World: Colin Chauche
We are asking lighting experts around the world, in the “Who Lights Our World” series, some key questions about their job. Here is Colin Chauche based in New York City, USA.
1. What lighting console do you prefer working with?
2. What do you always have with you at your console?
3. Mac or PC?
4. What may be surprising that you don’t use?
Back support at my tech table.
5. Coffee or Tea?
6. What is your favorite genre of entertainment to work in?
7. What is your favorite color combination and why?
I have a real fondness for light pink and cool white. I just feel its fun and powerful and can evoke both strength/power but also whimsy and fun.
8. Who is an lighting designer that you admire and respect?
9. What are the top 5 skill sets that a Lighting Designer/Technician should have?
Good communication skills. Good foundation in lighting technology. Strong reasoning skills for troubleshooting. A good sense of rhythm. A playful spirit.
10. What is the best type of client/boss/director?
Someone that has a clear vision of what they want but doesn’t know exactly how to get there and is open to input and ideas.
11. Do you prefer a window or aisle seat?
11. What advice do you have for those who want to become a lighting designer or a lighting technician?
As you are getting started keep your mind open, there will be so many people around you with a wealth of knowledge. Leverage that and learn as much as you can from everyone you work with.
Other Who Lights Our World:
Want to be part of Who Lights Our World Series? Fill the form HERE.