Who Lights Our World: Daniel Britton
We are asking lighting experts around the world, in the “Who Lights Our World” series, some key questions about their job. Here is Daniel Britton based in Las Vegas.
1. What lighting console do you prefer working with?
2. What do you always have with you at your console?
Various “console buddies”.
3. Mac or PC?
4. What may be surprising that you don’t use?
Caffeine to get me through the day. Can’t stand caffeinated drinks unless it’s in tea.
5. Coffee or Tea?
6. What is your favorite genre of entertainment to work in?
7. What is your favorite color combination and why?
Green and purple. Green is a color that’s kinda taboo and I wanted to find ways to use it anyways, and purple is my favorite color. Who doesn’t love the “Joker look” either?
8. Who is an lighting designer that you admire and respect?
9. What are the top 5 skill sets that a Lighting Designer/Technician should have?
Networking, soldering, diagnostic, basic understanding of music and phrasing, patients meant in a way of understanding that stuff isn’t going to go right and working around that.
10. What is the best type of client/boss/director?
One that expects perfection but understands that it can’t always be done. They’re willing to be flexible but not so much that they let the integrity of a show take a hit.
11. Do you prefer a window or aisle seat?
11. What advice do you have for those who want to become a lighting designer or a lighting technician?
Treat everyday as if it’s a school day. You never know who or what could teach you something new!
Other Who Lights Our World:
Want to be part of Who Lights Our World Series? Fill the form HERE.