Who Lights Our World: Éric Bélanger
We are asking lighting experts around the world, in the “Who Lights Our World” series, some key questions about their job. Here is Éric Bélanger based in Toronto, Canada.
1. What lighting console do you prefer working with?
2. What do you always have with you at your console?
3. Mac or PC?
4. What may be surprising that you don’t use?
5. Coffee or Tea?
6. What is your favorite genre of entertainment to work in?
I love all genres, love cirque type shows, live broadcasts, festivals, music tours.
7. What is your favorite color combination and why?
I love them all. Any combination is appropriate in the right moment and time.
8. Who is an lighting designer that you admire and respect?
Yves Aucoin, Martin Labreque, Francois Roupinian.
9. What are the top 5 skill sets that a Lighting Designer/Technician should have?
Sense of collaboration, good eye, good imagination, mind reading / empathy , patience.
10. What is the best type of client/boss/director?
The open minded one.
11. Do you prefer a window or aisle seat?
11. What advice do you have for those who want to become a lighting designer or a lighting technician?
Practice makes mastery, it is your degree of passion and resilience that will determine how far you’ll make it in the industry.
Other Who Lights Our World:
Want to be part of Who Lights Our World Series? Fill the form HERE.