Who Lights Our World: Ignacio “iggy” Rosenberg
We are asking lighting experts around the world, in the “Who Lights Our World” series, some key questions about their job. Here is Ignacio “iggy” Rosenberg based in Chicago, USA (although he lives in SLC).
1. What lighting console do you prefer working with?
2. What do you always have with you at your console?
Gum & a pen.
3. Mac or PC?
4. What may be surprising that you don’t use?
An expensive light meter.
5. Coffee or Tea?
6. What is your favorite genre of entertainment to work in?
7. What is your favorite color combination and why?
White and purple, it’s a calming go-to in between scenes.
8. Who is an lighting designer that you admire and respect?
9. What are the top 5 skill sets that a Lighting Designer/Technician should have?
Patience, a desire to learn and change, organization, a 50,000ft view.
10. What is the best type of client/boss/director?
One that gives guidance but doesn’t micromanage.
11. Do you prefer a window or aisle seat?
11. What advice do you have for those who want to become a lighting designer or a lighting technician?
Play a lot. I spent years drawing plots and programming little shows at home. I got a lot of weird ideas out of my head and it made things fun later on.
Other Who Lights Our World:
Want to be part of Who Lights Our World Series? Fill the form HERE.