Who Lights Our World: Michael Keller
We are asking lighting experts around the world, in the “Who Lights Our World” series, some key questions about their job. Here is Michael Keller based in Las Vegas, NV, United States.
1. What lighting console do you prefer working with?
2. What do you always have with you at your console?
Wireless Mouse, WiFi router, Computer and a Drafting Chair.
3. Mac or PC?
Mac though I use Bootcamp at times.
4. What may be surprising that you don’t use?
My humor, oh wait, is this a trick question?
5. Coffee or Tea?
6. What is your favorite genre of entertainment to work in?
Who ever is paying me.
7. What is your favorite color combination and why?
Terry Cook says I use magenta too much. But my favorite is Congo and any other color.
8. Who is an lighting designer that you admire and respect?
Peter, Marc, Patrick, Bryan, Leroy, Terry, Phil, Matt, Chris, Rob (after nearly 40 years they are quite a few).
9. What are the top 5 skill sets that a Lighting Designer/Technician should have?
The ability to adapt, the ability to listen and learn, being conscience of your surroundings and of time, paying it forward and a sense of humor.
10. What is the best type of client/boss/director?
Someone you respect and one who is also a friend.
11. Do you prefer a window or aisle seat?
When you’re in First Class does it really matter?
11. What advice do you have for those who want to become a lighting designer or a lighting technician?
Stay in school, don’t do drugs, and save your money. (why didn’t someone tell me this when I was young? )
(( Ah hell, I probably wouldn’t have listen anyway ))
Other Who Lights Our World:
Want to be part of Who Lights Our World Series? Fill the form HERE.