Who Lights Our World: Zach Blane
We are asking lighting experts around the world, in the “Who Lights Our World” series, some key questions about their job. Here is Zach Blane based in New York City, USA.
1. What lighting console do you prefer working with?
2. What do you always have with you at your console?
A picture of my puppy, Gabriel!
3. Mac or PC?
4. What may be surprising that you don’t use?
5. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee in the Morning, Tea in the Evening.
6. What is your favorite genre of entertainment to work in?
7. What is your favorite color combination and why?
8. Who is an lighting designer that you admire and respect?
These are tough questions! ::sweats::
9. What are the top 5 skill sets that a Lighting Designer/Technician should have?
Patience. Empathy. Kindness. Active Listening. Speed.
10. What is the best type of client/boss/director?
One who creates a safe space that allows the creative work to occur.
11. Do you prefer a window or aisle seat?
11. What advice do you have for those who want to become a lighting designer or a lighting technician?
Say Yes. Be Prepared. Followup. Always Be Learning.
“You are not your work, and your work is not you.”
“What is meant for you won’t pass you by.”
Stay Present. Enjoy the Ride!
Other Who Lights Our World:
Want to be part of Who Lights Our World Series? Fill the form HERE.