The Stage Manager Tag: Amanda Spooner
We are asking stage managers around the world, in a stage manager tag, some key questions about their job. Here is the wonderful Amanda Spooner based in Ithaca / New York City, NY.
1. Are you a minimalist or a hoarder Stage Manager?
2. What do you always have with you on stage?
My cell phone. It’s boring but true.
3. What’s in your kit?
4. Mac or PC?
5. What’s in your pencil case?
Cheap, fruity colored mechanical pencils and a scale ruler. And two cell phone chargers.
6. Favourite colour highlighter
Yellow. Not neon yellow. Just yellow.
7. Favourite pencil
Mechanical. Good eraser. No smudging.
8. What may be surprising that you don’t use?
A kit, a clipboard, my own headset.
9. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee. Black. Or made of chocolate.
10. Favourite Genre to work in
New plays and musicals. The bolder the better.
11. Advice for new Stage Managers
Do whatever you can to make your job a part of your life and not the whole thing.
Other SM Tags:
Want to be part of the SM Tag? Fill the form HERE.