The Stage Manager Tag: Collette Berg
We are asking stage managers around the world, in a stage manager tag, some key questions about their job. Here is Collette Berg based in Vancouver, Canada.
1. Are you a minimalist or a hoarder Stage Manager?
A hoarder who is striving to become a minimalist…
2. What do you always have with you on stage?
3. What’s in your kit?
As much as possible.
4. Mac or PC?
5. What’s in your pencil case?
Depends on the show. Probably a pencil, eraser, pen, sharpie, highlighter, some post-it notes, spare change, safety pins…
6. Favourite colour highlighter
7. Favourite pencil
Staedtler Mars Mechanical Pencil, 0.7mm.
8. What may be surprising that you don’t use?
In musical theatre? The libretto. If I have the option of using the score, I’ll always use the score.
9. Coffee or Tea?
10. Favourite Genre to work in
Opera & Musical Theatre.
11. Advice for new Stage Managers
The community is smaller than you think, so don’t be afraid of connecting. Reach out to professional stage managers — ask questions, ask for advice, ask to shadow on a show. You’ll be surprised at how often you’ll hear “yes!”
Other SM Tags:
Want to be part of the SM Tag? Fill the form HERE.