The Stage Manager Tag: Krystle Montgomery
We are asking stage managers around the world, in a stage manager tag, some key questions about their job. Here is Krystle Montgomery based in San Diego, US.
1. Are you a minimalist or a hoarder Stage Manager?
A little bit of a hoarder.
2. What do you always have with you on stage?
Spike tape, a pencil, and a headset.
3. What’s in your kit?
A stress ball, tiger balm, medicated oil, cough drops, sticky notes, three-hold punch, first aid kit, hand sanitizer, ice packs, heating pads, menstrual products, hand lotion, tape measures, sewing kit, all kinds of tape, and other basic stationery supplies.
4. Mac or PC?
5. What’s in your pencil case?
Muji pens, sharpies, and an x-acto knife.
6. Favourite colour highlighter
7. Favourite pencil
8. What may be surprising that you don’t use?
9. Coffee or Tea?
10. Favourite Genre to work in
Musicals and new plays.
11. Advice for new Stage Managers
It may be natural for stage managers to be highly invested in the success of the show, but remember to prioritize your safety, health, and wellbeing. you can make every production a restorative and healing environment for the people involved by putting you and your team first.
Other SM Tags:
Want to be part of the SM Tag? Fill the form HERE.