The Stage Manager Tag: Mark Shayle
We are asking stage managers around the world, in a stage manager tag, some key questions about their job. Here is Mark Shayle based in Lewes, United Kingdom.
1. Are you a minimalist or a hoarder Stage Manager?
Would be minimalist, guilty hoarder.
2. What do you always have with you on stage?
Dewalt Cordless Drill Driver and a sense of humour.
3. What’s in your kit?
What’s not! I have a modular TSTAK box storage system that contains anything from stationary to power tools. When fully stacked it’s about 6 feet tall. Depending on the job I take various modules, and am always grumpy when I’m missing the one box that I unexpectedly need!
4. Mac or PC?
Mac! Lots of them in fact, 1 x iMac, 2 x MacBooks and various iPads. It’s an addiction.
5. What’s in your pencil case?
Charger cables and USB sticks.
6. Favourite colour highlighter
7. Favourite pencil
8. What may be surprising that you don’t use?
Not so much that I don’t use, but I actively look for ways to avoid physical paper in my workflow.
9. Coffee or Tea?
10. Favourite Genre to work in
Touring straight plays or Musicals.
11. Advice for new Stage Managers
Pace yourself. A career should be long and happy, not crashed and burned in your mid thirties.
Other SM Tags:
Want to be part of the SM Tag? Fill the form HERE.