The Stage Manager Tag: Shelley Miles
We are asking stage managers around the world, in a stage manager tag, some key questions about their job. Here is Shelley Miles based in New York, New York!
1. Are you a minimalist or a hoarder Stage Manager?
Once a hoarder, now a minimalist.
2. What do you always have with you on stage?
A sparkle in my eye.
3. What’s in your kit?
Many tape measures, a buddha, and a wine bottle opener.
4. Mac or PC?
5. What’s in your pencil case?
A combination mechanical pencil & pen, a good eraser, a scale ruler, and a shape template.
6. Favourite colour highlighter
Pink (but only on copies intended for me).
7. Favourite pencil
Mechanical with thick, non-smudge grade lead and a good eraser, or a freshly sharpened Ticonderoga.
8. What may be surprising that you don’t use?
Spike tape sticks.
9. Coffee or Tea?
What time is it and who is paying? (tea after 3, unless it’s a long day).
10. Favourite Genre to work in
Anything “new,” “world premiere,” or “genre-busting”.
11. Advice for new Stage Managers
Other SM Tags:
Want to be part of the SM Tag? Fill the form HERE.