Preventing Illness on the Road: Touring Life
By Fit On Tour
‘Tis the season for colds… though it seems like it’s always the season for colds when you live on the road, and are exposed to hundreds of other humans on the daily.
So, we’ve been asked, “What can you do about preventing illness while on the road?!”
We’ve pulled in the specialists to bring you the ultimate FOT SURVIVAL KIT (curated by the industry’s best COLD FIGHTERS!)
To start, it wouldn’t be FOT if we didn’t say EXERCISE!!! Physical activity helps to flush bacteria out of the lungs and airways, and can help reduce your chance of getting a cold, flu, or other illness. Try to get 1 hour of physical activity into your day to help boost your immune system.
- Vitamin C + E and zinc are natural immune boosters; zinc in particular helps with white blood cells activity, while vitamin C + E are great antioxidants.
- Emergen-C package in a pint of water is our go-to for immune support + energy + electrolytes.
- Collagen protein is a great add-in to smoothies or coffee as it contains critical amino acids needed to form antibodies against viruses. (Our go-to is always Strong Coffee collagen protein powder).
- SAJE WELLNESS! The Pocket Pharmacy Kit is gold.
- Probiotics and fermented foods strengthen the intestinal lining, making it more difficult for bad bacteria to enter and colonize.
- Hand Sanitizer for everyone! Most viruses are spread through hand surfaces – keeping some travel sanitizers on you can help with prevention!
- Echinacea vitamins – the herb encourages the immune system and reduces many of the symptoms of colds, flu and some other illnesses.
- Oil of Oregano – A disgusting tasting natural antibiotic that helps fight bacteria! Put a few drops into a glass of water, gargle and swallow!
- Organic Cold 911 tea from @davidstea – A mix of peppermint, eucalyptus and orange – SO SOOTHING!
- All of this and a topic we speak on a lot – SLEEP. Listen to your body, put the FOMO and yourself to BED for a good ol’ night’s rest – this is better than any vitamin or medication out there.
Our go-to foods we eat every week:
- Greek Yogurt
What are your go-to’s to prevent illness while travelling!?
Disclaimer: THESE ARE OUR GO-TO’s but, please consider consulting your doctor before taking any vitamins or supplements, especially if you’re currently taking prescription medications.
Published in Collaboration with Fit On Tour