Effective as of January 1, 2017 | Updated March 17, 2019
Welcome to TheatreArtLife
License to Use the Website
TERMINATION BY REGISTERED USER
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its content, features and functionality, including, without limitation, information, software, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, video clips, data compilations and the design, selection and arrangement thereof, are the exclusive property of TheatreArtLife, our licensors or other content suppliers, and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws, and may not be used or exploited in any way without our prior written consent.
The Content is selected by our editors and is editorial content. We do not accept or take advertising, except where we specifically indicate as such. We do not accept payment from third parties for products or Content to appear on the Website. From time to time some of the Content may be sponsored or third-party content (“Sponsored Content”) and any such Sponsored Content will be clearly marked as such. When you subscribe to receive Content, you agree to receive Sponsored Content. If you would prefer not to receive such Sponsored Content you should unsubscribe by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email or sending an email to help@TheatreArtLife.com with ‘Unsubscribe” in the subject line. If you unsubscribe you will not receive any Content, whether it is Sponsored Content or TheatreArtLife Content. To the extent that we post third party Content, it reflects the personal opinions and views of the third-party authors and does not necessarily reflect the opinions and views of TheatreArtLife and we accept no responsibility for any such third-party opinions and views.
You may not under any circumstances:
- Copy or print any of the Content, whether licensed by us or otherwise, unless and to the extent, it is for your own personal, non-commercial use and you must retain all trademark, copyright and other proprietary notices contained in and on any such Content;
- Reproduce, download, modify, translate, add to, distribute, transmit, publish, perform, display, disclose, archive, upload, broadcast or sell, sublicense, index or exploit any part of the Website or the content thereon in any medium, either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service or other means, without our prior express written permission; remove, alter, bypass, avoid, interfere with or circumvent any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices marked on the Content or any digital rights management mechanism, device or other content protection measures either directly or through other means; mirror, frame, screen scrape or deep link to any aspect of the Website or access any Content through technology or means other than those provided or authorized by us;
- Access the Website via any automated system, including, without limitation, by “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., or take any action that imposes, or may impose (as determined in our sole discretion), an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Knowingly or recklessly upload invalid data or introduce viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other malware or software agents, whether harmful or not, to the Website, or tamper with, impair, damage, attack, exploit or penetrate the TheatreArtLife system or network, or otherwise attempt to interfere with or compromise the system integrity or security of TheatreArtLife or any connected networks, or take any action to impact the proper operation of the Website and any person’s or entity’s use or enjoyment thereof;
- Bypass the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to or use of the Website, including by hacking into secure or non-public areas of the Website, circumventing any geo-blocking mechanisms or otherwise;
- Use the Website to collect any personally identifiable information, including Account names and e-mail addresses, or use the Website for any commercial solicitation purposes, without our prior express written permission; or
- Attempt to reverse engineer any aspect of the Website or attempt to derive the source code (including the tools, methods, processes and infrastructure) that enables or underlies the Website, create any derivative works or materials of any kind using the Content, whether or not you intend to give away the derivative materials free of charge, or otherwise build a business utilizing any aspect of the Website.
User Generated Material
If and to the extent that we elect to accept user generated material, you may have the opportunity to publish, transmit, submit or otherwise post reviews, ratings, comments, feedback or other materials on the Website (“User Generated Material”) that may be accessible and viewable by the public. Our goal is to make the Website enjoyable for all of our visitors so we ask that you comply with the following rules.
User Generated Material must not:
- Contain any material which is false, defamatory, libelous, obscene, harassing, threatening, discriminatory, bigoted, hateful, violent, vulgar, profane, pornographic or otherwise offensive, inappropriate, damaging, disruptive or harmful;
- Violate our or any other person’s legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy), contain any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations or otherwise promote, advocate or assist any illegal activity or unlawful act;
- Create or threaten harm to any person or loss or damage to any property;
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, contract or other intellectual property or other proprietary rights of TheatreArtLife or any other person;
- Seek to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise;
- Misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization, including TheatreArtLife;
- Seek to collect other users’ e-mail addresses and/or their usernames or passwords for their Accounts or other services by electronic or other means for any purpose, including to send unsolicited e-mail or other electronic communications;
- Seek to transmit chain letters, bulk or junk e-mail, whether automated or not, or interfere with, disrupt or create an undue burden on TheatreArtLife or the networks or services connected to the Website or install or attempt to install or promote spyware, malware or other computer code on our computers or equipment or the computers or equipment of third parties; or
- Involve commercial activities such as contests, sweepstakes and/or other sales promotions, barter, advertising or offers of sale or purchase of goods and services.
We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor or to take any action regarding disputes between you and any other user and shall have no liability for your interactions or any disputes with other users or for any user’s action or inaction. You are solely responsible for your conduct on the Website and your interactions with other users.
If and to the extent that we elect to accept user generated material, please choose carefully the information you post on the Website and that you give to other users. You are discouraged from publicly posting your full name, telephone number, street address, e-mail address or other information that identifies you or allows strangers to find you or to steal your identity. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the Website, and to the extent that the law permits, you release us from any claims or liability related to any User Generated Material posted on the Website and from any claims related to the conduct of any other users.
Mobile Service (REGARDING APPS)
When you access the “TheatreArtLife” via a mobile device (the “App”), your network provider’s messaging, data and other rates and fees may apply. We do not warrant that the App will be compatible with your network provider or device. You acknowledge and agree that we may release updates to the App and that you may be required to install any such update in order for the App to continue functioning properly. You may not export any of our mobile applications except in compliance with all applicable laws.
Privacy and Communications
CONSENT TO ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION
You consent to receive communications from us, whether required by law or otherwise, either by e-mail if you have provided us with your e-mail address, or by notice posted on the Website as determined by us in our sole discretion. You agree that any requirement that a notice, disclosure, agreement or other communication be sent to you by us in writing is satisfied by such electronic communication. We are not responsible for any automatic filtering you or your network provider may apply to communications we send to an e-mail address that you provide to us.
Modification or Suspension of the Website and Right to Terminate your use of the Website
We reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website at any time and from time to time, in our sole discretion and without notice or liability, including by adding or eliminating certain features or discontinuing the Website entirely. Any description of features on the Website shall not be considered to be a representation by TheatreArtLife that such features will always be included on the Website. From time to time, we may restrict access to some or all of the Website, including for Registered Users. We also reserve the right to terminate or suspend your Account or restrict your use of or access to the Website, without notice or liability, for any reason or no reason. Accordingly, for any reason, and without notice, all or any part of the Website may become unavailable to you at any time and for any period.
If we suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website or terminate your Account, we are not responsible for providing you with any information or content. We may also delete your other preferences and interests to the extent stored within or in connection with your Account. You have no recourse with regard to any information that we delete regardless of any value you may ascribe to such information. We expressly disclaim any value you may attribute to any of your information stored on our servers.
Linked Destinations and Advertising
We do not endorse, and TheatreArtLife expressly disclaims responsibility and liability for, Linked Sites, including with respect to the content, products, and services provided by the Linked Sites. Any interactions you have with Linked Sites are between you and the Linked Sites and you agree that TheatreArtLife is not liable for any damage or loss you may suffer as a result of any interactions with any such Linked Sites or any claims that you may have against any such Linked Sites.
Notice and Procedure for Claims of Copyright or Intellectual Property Infringement
If you believe that any content appearing on the Website, including content created and/or displayed by TheatreArtLife or other material provided through a link, infringes your copyright, you should notify us in accordance with the procedure set forth below. We will process each notice of alleged infringement that we receive and will take appropriate action in accordance with applicable intellectual property laws. A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed to our copyright agent at help@TheatreArtLife.com with “DMCA Takedown Request” in the subject line. You may also contact us by mail at:
TheatreArtLife Ltd., 25th Floor, Workington Tower, 78 Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website to enable us to identify and locate the material;
- how we can contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or by law; and
- a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner or the owner of an exclusive right in the material.
- Warranty Disclaimer
The information, products, and services included in or available through the Website are continually upgraded and updated. While TheatreArtLife will use commercially reasonable efforts to verify the accuracy of any information it places on the Website, TheatreArtLife does not warrant or represent that such information, products and/or services are reliable, accurate, complete, uninterrupted, error-free, or secure.
Accordingly, the website is provided “as is” and “as available” with no representation or warranty of any kind and your use of the website is entirely at your own risk. TheatreArtlife expressly disclaims any warranty, express or implied, regarding the website including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory purpose, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, title, compatibility, security and accuracy, and all warranties that may arise from a course of dealing, course of performance or usage of trade. In states and jurisdictions in which the exclusion of warranty is prohibited, such exclusions shall only apply to the extent permitted.
TheatreArtlife does not warrant, endorse, guarantee or assume responsibility for any information, product or service provided, advertised or offered by a third party through the website or any linked site and TheatreArtlife will not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between you and any linked site. We expressly disclaim all liability for personally identifiable information that may be provided by any social media services in violation of the privacy settings that you have set in such social media accounts.
You acknowledge and agree that any reliance on the information and other materials included on the Website shall be at your sole risk and responsibility. TheatreArtLife reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any part of the Website and to make changes to the services, materials, products, programs and features included therein at any time with or without notice.
Medical, Nutrition and Fitness Information
You expressly acknowledge and agree that all medical, nutrition and fitness information provided on the website, including all text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, audio, video and audio-video clips, and other materials, whether provided by TheatreArtLife or by other users or third parties, is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to be and should not be used in place of (1) the advice of your physician or other medical professionals, (2) a visit, call or consultation with your physician or other medical professionals, or (3) information contained on or in any product packaging or label. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Should you have any health related questions, please call or see your physician or other healthcare provider immediately. Should you have an emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.
You should never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking medical advice because of any content presented on or via the website and you should not use the website or any content available through or via the website for diagnosing or treating a health problem. The transmission and receipt of any content, in whole or in part, or communication via the internet, e-mail or other means does not constitute or create a doctor-patient, therapist-patient or other healthcare professional relationship between you and TheatreArtLife, its affiliates or any third party.
The website may periodically provide information concerning fitness and athletic activities. You expressly acknowledge and agree that such activities carry certain inherent and significant risks of property damage, bodily injury or death and that you voluntarily assume all known and unknown risks associated with these activities, even if caused in whole or part by our action, inaction or negligence or by the action, inaction or negligence of others. TheatreArtLife strongly recommends that you consult with your physician or other healthcare provider before beginning any new fitness program or engaging in any new athletic activities.
Indemnity and Release
California residents, you expressly waive CA Civil Code §1542, which states: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
Limitations on Liability
The providers whose products and services are available on the website are independent contractors and not agents or employees of TheatreArtLife.TheatreArtLife is not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any such providers or for any personal injuries, death, property damage or other damage or expenses resulting, directly or indirectly, from such products and/or services.
Under no circumstances willTheatreArtLife and/or any of its affiliates, licensors, licensees, successors or assigns be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from hacking, tampering or other unauthorized access or use of the website, your data or your account or the information contained therein. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information that we deem necessary to comply with any applicable law, rule, regulation, legal process or governmental request. You waive and hold harmless TheatreArtLife and its affiliates, licensors, licensees, successors and assigns from any claims resulting from any action relating to your account or taken as a result of any such disclosure.TheatreArtLife makes no representation that the website is appropriate or available for use at locations outside of the united states. Access to the website from territories where such services are illegal is strictly prohibited. If you access the website from a location outside of the united states, you are solely responsible for compliance with all local and other applicable laws.
Law and Jurisdiction
Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to us at legal@TheatreArtLife.com with “Arbitration Request” in the subject line. You may also contact us by mail at:
TheatreArtLife Ltd., 25th Floor, Workington Tower, 78 Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its rules, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The AAA’s rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules. We will reimburse those fees for claims totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. Likewise, we will not seek attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the county where you live or at another mutually agreed on location.
Waiver and Severability