Show Reel of the Week: Dancer – Tanveer Alam
Give us your elevator pitch of who you are, what you do and what your skill set is.
My name is Tanveer Alam, and I am a dancer and choreographer who works through the forms of Kathak (Indian classical dance form), and western contemporary dance. My work is a reflection of my truths of a diasporic artist and inspires joy, compassion and celebration!
What is your ideal role?
Yet to be discovered!
Name your top 5 credits.
- Endangered Species choreographed by Danny Grossman
- Yatra choreographed by Harikishan S. Nair and myself
- Dérives choreographed by Noémie Lafrance
- Glaciology choreographed by Brandy Leary
- Anant Pravaah choreographed by Sanjukta Sinha
Where do you find your inspiration?
What motivates you to keep performing/creating?
I can’t really imagine a life without the two… I would say creation motivates me, and performing is the cherry on top!
What should TheatreArtLife readers know about you?
I am currently working on a dance theatre project for Aria Evans! And it’s inspiring me to do more theatre!
How do we follow you on social media?