Women in the Entertainment Industry: Ana Aguilera
We are asking women in the entertainment industry around the world some key questions about their life and career. Here is Ana Aguilera who identifies with the Spanish language.
1. In which part of the industry do you work?
2. Have you drawn professional inspiration from other women in the entertainment industry? How have they inspired you?
Of course! I have the fortune to work with very smart and talented women. The allyship, support and camaraderie have always been fantastic.
3. What would you tell young women who are just starting out? What would you like them to know?
Don’t give up on your dreams. Dream big, work hard.
4. What is the best piece of career advice you have ever received?
Become a dive instructor!
5. Please share one of your toughest challenges in your career. How did you overcome?
Discrimination and gaslighting. Happy to talk some more about it on private conversations.
6. What is your favorite musical or play?
Ohm… Concert? I love Bernstein conducting Beethoven’s 9th in Berlin in 1989 at the Brandenburg Gates.
7. What is your morning routine?
Water + tea + exercise.
8. Drink of Choice?
It depends of the circumstances.
9. What is a phrase you are known for saying?
It depends… maybe.
10. What advice would you give to other women in the industry?
Paraphrasing Maya Angelou: How important it is to recognize and celebrate our she-roes.
Other Women in the Entertainment Industry:
Want to be part of the Women in the Entertainment Industry series? Fill the form HERE.