The Stage Manager Tag: Zhangqiyu (Ada) Zhang
We are asking stage managers around the world, in a stage manager tag, some key questions about their job. Here is Zhangqiyu (Ada) Zhang based in New York, but she was originally from Beijing, China.
1. Are you a minimalist or a hoarder Stage Manager?
I should say in between.
2. What do you always have with you on stage?
Notebook, phone, pen, spike tape.
3. What’s in your kit?
Measurer, spike tapes, flashlight, notebook, post notes.
4. Mac or PC?
5. What’s in your pencil case?
Pens with different colors, sharpies with different colors, pencils, erasers.
6. Favourite colour highlighter
7. Favourite pencil
8. What may be surprising that you don’t use?
Stop watch probably. I just use my phone for timing.
9. Coffee or Tea?
10. Favourite Genre to work in
11. Advice for new Stage Managers
Always be active and try to be proactive. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, no one was born with the knowledge of doing everything.
Other SM Tags:
Want to be part of the SM Tag? Fill the form HERE.