Women in the Entertainment Industry: Lou Doye
We are asking women in the entertainment industry around the world some key questions about their life and career. Here is Lou Doye based in UK.
1. In which part of the industry do you work?
Spacial computing, AR, VR, AI 3D sound and live performance.
2. Have you drawn professional inspiration from other women in the entertainment industry? How have they inspired you?
The ambition and drive for equal pay, respect and leadership from leading female figures has consistently inspired me.
3. What would you tell young women who are just starting out? What would you like them to know?
Equality is a female right. Knowledge is a strength. Be true to who you are.
4. What is the best piece of career advice you have ever received?
Be confident in your knowledge and never undersell yourself.
5. Please share one of your toughest challenges in your career. How did you overcome?
One of the toughest challenges in my career was to overcome the impact of derogative language from a sexist CEO. To overcome this challenge was to walk away from that role, rise above it, focus and work hard to achieve success.
6. What is your favorite musical or play?
I love The Wizard of Oz.
7. What is your morning routine?
Coffee and world news, followed by some dance stretches.
8. Drink of Choice?
9. What is a phrase you are known for saying?
I don’t think I have a phrase or saying, but now I have said that it probably means I do and don’t know it.
10. If you are not a mother and are willing to share your reasons, we would love to celebrate those choices. Please feel free to share your journey.
I took the decision to keep my life journey open.
11. What advice would you give to other women in the industry?
Be an advocate and supporter of other women whilst on your career journey.
Other Women in the Entertainment Industry:
Want to be part of the Women in the Entertainment Industry series? Fill the form HERE.