Who Lights Our World: Ueli Riegg
We are asking lighting experts around the world, in the “Who Lights Our World” series, some key questions about their job. Here is Ueli Riegg based in Switzerland.
1. What lighting console do you prefer working with?
ETC Eos Ti.
2. What do you always have with you at your console?
Console mascot, pen and paper, laptop, fidget cube.
3. Mac or PC?
4. What may be surprising that you don’t use?
5. Coffee or Tea?
Tea. The only way I can take any amount of coffee is at the bottom of a tiramisu.
6. What is your favorite genre of entertainment to work in?
Musical, Opera, prefer not doing straight plays, never doing anything involving cameras.
7. What is your favorite color combination and why?
Lee 126 and Lee 126.
8. Who is an lighting designer that you admire and respect?
Rainer Casper, for his way of creating depth with fog.
9. What are the top 5 skill sets that a Lighting Designer/Technician should have?
Sense of humor, patience (something i don’t have enough), tolerance (something i don’t have enough), patience, humility.
10. What is the best type of client/boss/director?
People who know what they’re bad at.
11. Do you prefer a window or aisle seat?
Aisle on a plane, window on a train.
11. What advice do you have for those who want to become a lighting designer or a lighting technician?
Expose yourself to art in whatever shape or form, appreciate people who are willing to teach.
Other Who Lights Our World:
Want to be part of Who Lights Our World Series? Fill the form HERE.