Who Lights Our World: Christopher Annas-Lee
We are asking lighting experts around the world, in the “Who Lights Our World” series, some key questions about their job. Here is Christopher Annas-Lee based in Brooklyn, NY.
1. What lighting console do you prefer working with?
2. What do you always have with you at your console?
x16 X-Keys, Custom Pan/Tilt Encoder, and a legal pad.
3. Mac or PC?
4. What may be surprising that you don’t use?
5. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee, no sugar, splash of milk.
6. What is your favorite genre of entertainment to work in?
7. What is your favorite color combination and why?
R99+L161, as a side/back or side/side combo. Beautiful on certain skin tones, mysterious, quiet.
8. Who is an lighting designer that you admire and respect?
9. What are the top 5 skill sets that a Lighting Designer/Technician should have?
1. Situational Awareness; 2. Attention to Detail; 3. A pencil with a good eraser; 4. Their Console, even if they aren’t programming it personally; 5. Fear.
10. What is the best type of client/boss/director?
A collaborative one.
11. Do you prefer a window or aisle seat?
11. What advice do you have for those who want to become a lighting designer or a lighting technician?
You will be terrible for the first 6 years. Don’t give up.
Other Who Lights Our World:
Want to be part of Who Lights Our World Series? Fill the form HERE.